Pakistan rejects India's dossier | The Daily Star
12:00 AM, March 29, 2019 / LAST MODIFIED: 12:55 AM, March 29, 2019

PROBE INTO KASHMIR BLAST

Pakistan rejects India's dossier

Pakistan yesterday said it had found no links between militants swept up in a recent dragnet and a suicide attack in Indian-administered Kashmir last month that brought the nuclear-armed rivals to the brink of war.

The announcement by Pakistan's foreign office comes after India provided Pakistani officials with a dossier of 90 suspected militants and 22 locations of alleged training camps.

"While 54 detained individuals are being investigated, no details linking them to Pulwama have been found so far," the foreign office said, referring to the area where the attack occurred in Kashmir in February.

"Similarly, the 22 pin locations shared by India have been examined. No such camps exist."

The statement said Pakistan was "willing to allow visits, on request, to these locations".

Tensions between old foes India and Pakistan soared after the suicide bombing, which killed 40 Indian security personnel and was later claimed by the Pakistan-based militant group Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM).

Pakistan, long accused by India of using militant proxies in Kashmir, has denied it was involved in the attack.

Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star Android & iOS News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Grameenphone:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 22222

Robi:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222


Banglalink:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Top News

Top