November 3, 1975, Dhaka Central Jail. Some soldiers with machineguns entered into the jail. After some tense minutes, cracks of brush fire from their machine guns killed the four national leaders of Bangladesh. The eyes which once dreamed of an independent and free Bangladesh were shut by the very men who had killed the father of the nation a few months ago. With the killing of the four national leaders the fate of independent Bangladesh changed forever.
* Born: 1925, Kishorganj District (then Mymensingh District).
* Obtained degrees in History and Law from University of Dhaka
* During his study he also captained the cricket team and hockey team and participated in Pakistan movement and later in the language movement.
* After the crackdown of March 25, 1971, he along with the senior AL leaders escaped to India and later formed Mujibnagar government.
* Syed Nazrul Islam was the acting President of Bangladesh from April 17, 1971 up to January 12, 1972.
* Under his leadership, the Mujibnagar government was formed and Bangladesh government in exile performed all of the wartime tasks and led the war of liberation.
* After the independence of Bangladesh, Islam was appointed minister of industries, the deputy leader in parliament and a member of the constitution committee.
* Later appointed vice president and became a chief organiser of the BKSAL.
* Born on July 23, 1925 in Kapasia Thana of Gazipur District
* Obtained Bachelor of Arts degree with honours in Economics from Dhaka University in 1953
* He was the Premier of Mujibnagar Government throughout the liberation war and named its capital Mujibnagar.
* He presided over the Bangladesh Sector Commanders Conference 1971 which formed the Bangladesh Armed Forces
* After independence he was appointed the minister of Finance and Planning
* Ahmad opposed the forming of a one-party system known as BKSAL
* After the assassination of Bangabandhu, he was put under house arrest and was later moved to Dhaka central Jail where he was assassinated.
* Born on 1919 in the village of Kuripara in Shirajganj district
* Graduating from the Islamia College he pursued MA degree in Law and Economics of Aligarh Muslim University
* He is widely known as Captain Mansur Ali as he had joined Pakistan army as captain but later decided to practice law
* He was the minister of finance of the Mujibnagar Government
* After Bangabandhu the Prime Minister and helped Mujib to organise BKSAL
* He also organised Jatio Rokkhi Bahini
* After Mujib's assassination he went into hiding but was arrested by the army on August 23,1975.
*Abul Hasnat Muhammad Qamaruzzaman, a minister of Mujibangar Government and a senior leader of the Awami League was born on 1926 in Rajshahi district
* Oobtained degrees in economics from the University of Calcutta in 1946, and a law degree from the Rajshahi University in 1956
* He was the minister of relief and rehabilitation in the Mujibangar government
* On January 18, 1974 he resigned from the cabinet to serve as the President of Awami League
* He was a member of the executive committee of BAKSAL and was the minister of Industries
* He was arrested after Mujib's assassination.