1-yr-old baby dies in Ctg fire
A one-year-old girl was burned to death as her home caught fire at Ichakhali in Chattogram's Mirsarai upazila yesterday.
Lamia Akter, daughter of local Mohammad Rajib, and her mother were at home when their house caught fire, said Ichakhali Union Parishad Chairman Nurul Mostafa.
"The mother could not save her child as she was stranded in another room in the tin-shed house," he said.
The fire originated from an electric short-circuit around 1:00pm, said Imam Hossain, station officer of Fire Service and Civil Defence in Mirsarai.
On information, firefighters rushed to the spot and brought the blaze under control in one hour.
Later, they recovered the charred body of the child from the spot, said the fire service official.