Paralysed woman burnt dead | The Daily Star
12:00 AM, January 11, 2019 / LAST MODIFIED: 12:00 AM, January 11, 2019

Paralysed woman burnt dead

An elderly woman was burnt to death as a fire gutted her house at Purba Islambag in Panchagarh municipality early yesterday.

The victim was Amena Begum, 70, wife of late Mozammel Haque of the area. She became paralysed about ten years ago.

Family members said the fire originated at the house around 4:00am when Amena was inside her room. She later died at Panchagarh Sadar Hospital with severe burn injuries. 

On information, firefighters rushed to the spot and doused the blaze and rescued the woman and sent her to the hospital, said Niranjan Sarkar, station officer of Panchagarh Fire Service and Civil Defense Office.

The fire might have originated from a mosquito coil inside the house, said Niranjan.

Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star Android & iOS News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Grameenphone:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 22222

Robi:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222


Banglalink:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Top News

Top