‘Nusrat murder was pre-planned’
A two-member team of National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) today visited Feni’s Sonagazi Islamia Senior Fazil Madrasa to get first-hand report on the tragic killing incident of madrasa student Nusrat Jahan Rafi.
Nusrat lost her battle for life on Wednesday, five days after she was set afire -- an incident that sparked outrage across the country.
During the visit, AL-Mahmud Faizul Kabir, director (Complaints and Inquiry) of the NHRC, talked to teachers and some female students of the madrasa to know the facts, our Feni correspondent reports.
The two-member delegation of the NHRC also visited the victim’s north Charchandia village and talked to her family members, relatives and some local people to know pros and cons of the tragic killing incident.
Talking to reporters on the madrasa premises, Faizul Kabir said the incident of Alim examinee Nusrat was a pre-planned murder.
“If the madrasa authorities and local administration took step against Siraj Ud Doula (principal of the madrasa), the girl might not have met the tragic end,” he said.
The NHRC official said he found connection between the April 6 incident and the incident of sexually harassing her last month.
The delegation reached the area around 10:30am and talked to many people to find out link of thosepeople who were involved with the murder incident, said Faizul Kabir.
Rabiul Islam, deputy director of the NHRC, was accompanying Faizul Kabir during the visit.
WHAT HAPPENED TO NUSRAT?
Nusrat, a student of Sonagazi Islamia Senior Fazil Madrasa, was set ablaze on April 6 allegedly for refusing to withdraw a case filed against the principal for sexually harassing her late last month.
Only a few minutes before the Alim exams on April 6, four unidentified people allegedly took Nusrat to the roof of the three-storey administrative building of the madrasa saying one of her friends was being assaulted there, victim's brother Mahmudul Hasan Noman had told The daily Star earlier.