BFSA chief summoned over substandard food
High Court has summoned the chairman of Bangladesh Food Safety Authority (BFSA) for not complying with its directive to remove 52 substandard food items from the market.
The court ordered him to appear before it on June 16 and issued a rule asking him to explain why punishment should not be served for noncompliance with the directive.
The bench of Justice Sheikh Hassan Arif and Justice Razik-Al Jalil issued the summons and rule while hearing a writ petition seeking order to withdraw the substandard items.
During today’s proceedings, the court said it has been found that the BFSA is yet to remove the 52 substandard food items from the market. It only exchanged some letters.
So, the chairman of BFSA cannot go unpunished, the court said. The court later fixed June 16 for passing further order on this issue.
The HC on May 12 directed the government to immediately remove from the market the 52 food items that have been found substandard by Bangladesh Standards and Testing Institution.
On that day, the BFSA and the Directorate of National Consumer Rights Protection were asked to take necessary measures to this effect and submit a report to it in 10 days.
FOOD PRODUCTS ORDERED TO BE TAKEN OFF SHELVES
1. ACI Aydinjukta Laban of ACI Salt Limited (Rupganj, Narayanganj)
2. Mollah Solt Aydinjukta Laban of Mollah Salt Industries (Char Syedpur, Narayanganj);
3. Madhumoti Aydinjukta Laban of Madhumoti Salt Industries (Phultala, Khulna);
4. Dada Supar Aydinjukta Laban of M/S New Jhalakathi Salt Mills (Araddarpara, Sadar, Jhalakathi);
5. Tin Teer Aydinjukta Laban of M/S Quality Salt Industries (Fariapatti, Sadar, Jhalakathi);
6. Madina, Star Ship Aydinjukta Laban of M/S Lucky Salt Industries (4, Manoharpatti, Sadar, Jhalakathi);
7. Taj Aydinjukta Laban of M/S Taj Salt Industries (Station Road, Sadar, Jhalakathi)
8. Nur Special Aydinjukta Laban of M/S Nur Salt Industries (Faniapatti, Sadar, Jhalakathi)
1. Danish Holuder Gura of Danish Food Limited (Kanchpur, Narayanganj);
2. Pran Holuder Gura of Pran Agro Limited (Natore);
3. Fresh Holuder Gura of Tanvir Food Limited (Megnaghat, Sonargaon, Narayanganj);
4. ACI Pure Dhaniar Gura of ACI Food Limited (Sirajganj);
5. Pran Curry Powder of Pran Agro Limited (Natore);
6. Pure Hathazari Maricher Gura of SS Consumer Products (Chattogram);
7. Danish Curry Powder of Danish Food Limited (Kanchpur, Narayanganj);
8. Holuder Gura of M/S Manzil Food and Products (BSCIC Shilpanagari, Gotatikar, Sylhet);
9. Sun Holuder Gura of Sun Food (Kushtia);
10. Dolphin Maricher Gura and Dolphin Holuder Gura of M/S Abbas Ali Mudi Dokan (Saheb Bazar, Rajshahi)
11. Surya Maricher Gura of M/S Rakib Store (Saheb Bazar, Rajshahi)
1. Teer Sarishar (Mustard) Tel (Oil) of City Oil Mill (Konapara, Gazipur);
2. GB Sarishar Tel of Green Blessings Vegetables Oil Industries Limited (Rupganj, Narayanganj);
3. Pusti Mustard Oil of Shabnam Vegetables Oil Industries Limited (Rupganj, Narayanganj);
4. Rupchanda Mustard Oil of Bangladesh Edible Oil Limited (Rupganj, Narayanganj);
1. Pran Lachchha Seemai (vermicelli) of Pran Agro Limited (Sapura, Rajshahi);
2. Mistimela Lachchha Seemai of Mistimela Food Products (Firingibazar, Chattogram);
3. Madhuban Lachchha Seemai of Madhuban Bread and Biscuits Industries Private Limited (Panchlaish, Chattogram);
4. Mithai Lachchha Seemai of Mithai Sweets and Bakery (Jalalbad, Chattogram);
5. Oil Food Lachchha Seemai of Oil Food and Beverage Company (Aturardepo, Sholoshohor, Chattogram);
6. Kiran Lachchha Seemai of M/S Kiran Products (Naogaon); Lachchha Seemai of M/S Madhuban and Products (BSCIC Shilpanagari, Gotatikar, Sylhet);
7. Jedda Lachchha Seemai of M/S Jedda Food Industries (Katpatti, Sadar, Jhalakathi);
8. Amrita Lachchha Seemai of M/S Amrita Food Products (Amritanagar, Pangsha, Babuganj, Barishal)
1. Ara Drinking Water of Arra Food and Beverage Limited (Uttara, Dhaka);
2. Al Safi Drinking Water of Al Safi Drinking Water (Chiriakhana Road, Mirpur, Dhaka);
3. Mizan Drinking Water of Shahari and Brothers (15/3-1, Purba Rampura, Dhaka);
4. Morn Dew Drinking Water of Morn Dew Pure Drinking Water (Section 11, Mirpur, Dhaka);
5. Duncan Natural Mineral Water of Duncan Products Limited (20, Kazi Nazrul Islam Avenue, Dhaka);
6. RR View Drinking Water of RR View Purified Drinking Water (151/1, Purba Sheorapara, Kafrul, Dhaka);
7. Dighee Drinking Water of Dighee Drinking Water (Topkhana Road, Dhaka);
1. Banolata Ghee of Banolata Sweets and Bakery (Mirpur, Dhaka);
2. Baghabari Special Ghee of Baghabari Special Ghee Company (380/B, Dakkhin Goran, Dhaka);
1. King Maida of KR Food Industries Limited (Sitakunda, Chattogram);
2. Rupsha Fermented Milk (Dai) of Rupsha Food Products (Eidgah, Chattogram);
3. Makka Chanachur of Tayeba Food Products (Sadar, B-Baria);
4. Mehedi Biscuit of Imtiaz Bread and Food Products (399, Asodganj Chattogram);
5. Suji of M/S Nishita Foods (BSCIC Shilpanagari, Khadimnagar, Sylhet);
6. Greenlane Madhu of Greenlane Milk Product (Daulatpur, Khulna),
7. Sun Chips of Kashem Food Products Limited (Konapara, Gazipur);
8. Dudli Noodles of New Zealand Dairy Products BD Limited (Rupganj, Narayanganj);
9. Testy, Tani, Taskia Soft Drink Powder of Shanta Products (Keraniganj, Dhaka);
10. Priya Soft Drink Powder of Jahangir Food Products (Kamrangirchar, Dhaka).