Man injured in cellphone explosion
An employee of a medicine shop sustained burn injuries as his cellphone blasted suddenly in Saidpur municipality area of the district yesterday afternoon.
The victim is Akbar Ali, 25, son of Hazrat Ali of Neamotpur Adani area in the municipality.
He worked at Smrity Medical Store at Saidpur Plaza Supermarket on Sher-e-Bangla Road in the area.
Locals said when Akbar was busy selling medicine at the shop, the cellphone kept his right pocket blasted with a big bang, causing panic among the shop owners at the market.
Akbar was later rushed to Saidpur 100-bed Hospital with burn injuries.
The lower portion of Akbar's body was burnt severely, said Abdur Rahim, resident medical officer of the hospital.