Sust student dies after taking poison
A student of Shahjalal University of Science and Technology (SUST) died in a hospital yesterday morning, hours after taking rat poison at his room in Shahporan Hall of the university.
Bakul Das, 20, was a second year student of political science of the university and son of Ranu Das of Sowagaon village under Lakhai upazila in Habiganj.
Quoting doctors of Sylhet MAG Osmani Medical College Hospital, Professor Zahir Uddin Ahmed, proctor of the university, said, “He was admitted to the hospital at around 2am and he died in the morning. Doctors found traces of rat poison, but the cause will be confirmed after autopsy.”
Meanwhile, an unsigned note was recovered from his room in the hall.
The note read, “It is my decision to take poison. No one is responsible for my death.”
Okil Uddin, officer-in-charge of Jalalabad Police Station, said, “The body is kept in the mortuary for autopsy and his family has been informed. Further investigation will be conducted after getting the report.”