Couple electrocuted in Jatrabari | The Daily Star
12:00 AM, October 20, 2019 / LAST MODIFIED: 02:44 AM, October 20, 2019

Couple electrocuted in Jatrabari

A couple died from electrocution at their rented house in Dhaka’s Jatrabari yesterday morning.

The deceased were identified as Jahangir Alam, 50, a mason by profession, and his wife Aklima, 37, said Md Laizu, sub-inspector of Jatrabari Police Station.

Quoting family members, the SI said Jahangir suffered injuries after he came in contact with an electric wire at a tin-shed bathroom of their residence on Konapara-Al Amin Road after the wire fell from an electric line.

Aklima got electrocuted when she tried to save Jahangir, said SI Laizu.

The couple was rushed to Dhaka Medical College Hospital where doctors declared Jahangir dead, said the police official, adding that Aklima died at the same hospital around noon.

Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star Android & iOS News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 22222

Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222

Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Top News