Man electrocuted in Jashore | The Daily Star
12:00 AM, May 24, 2019 / LAST MODIFIED: 12:00 AM, May 24, 2019

Man electrocuted in Jashore

He fell victim, coming in contact with a snapped electric wire in pond

A man died from electrocution at Dakkhin Lauri village in Jashore’s Monirampur upazila on Saturday morning.

The deceased, Golam Mortuza, 50, was son of late Abdus Sohrab of the village.

He was a fish trader.

Quoting the deceased’s family members, police said Mortuza came in contact with a snapped live electric wire when he went to his pond adjacent to his house and died instantly on the spot.

Being informed, police recovered the body and sent it to Jashore General Hospital for autopsy.

Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star Android & iOS News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Grameenphone:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 22222

Robi:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222


Banglalink:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Top News

Top