2 die inhaling toxic gas in septic tank | The Daily Star
12:00 AM, June 12, 2019 / LAST MODIFIED: 12:00 AM, June 12, 2019

2 die inhaling toxic gas in septic tank

Two youth died after inhaling toxic gas inside a septic tank in Rangpur’s Pirganj upazila on Monday.

The deceased were Enamul Haque, 22, son of Azhar Ali of Ramnath village and a third year student of Carmichael College in Rangpur, and Dulu Mia, 27, son of Moyes Ali of the village.

The incident took place at Borogola village in the upazila at night.

Locals said Dulu went to a toilet in the area around 9:00pm. At the time, his mobile set accidentally slipped into the septic tank.

To recover the mobile set, Dulu went down inside the septic tank using a ladder and became senseless. 

Enamul then went down inside the tank in order to rescue Dulu, but he did not return.

Later, Shahin Mia, 24, of Borogola village, went down inside the tank to rescue the duo and became ill inhaling the toxic gas.

On information, a team of Fire Service and Civil Defence in the upazila rushed to the spot and recovered the bodies from the tank, said Zahidul Islam, chairman of Ramnathpur Union Parishad.

They also rescued Shahin from the spot and sent him to the upazila health complex, said the chairman.

Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star Android & iOS News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Grameenphone:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 22222

Robi:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222


Banglalink:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Top News

Top