Five workers of a dyeing factory suffered burn injuries in Savar, on the outskirts of the capital on Thursday night.
Of the injured, Nuru, Saju and Ramjan were admitted to Dhaka Medical College Hospital while Monir and Kamal to East West Medical College and Hospital, said factory sources.
Abdul Hamid, station officer of Dhaka Export Processing Zone (DEPZ) Fire Service Station, said, the incident took place when the workers were boiling water for dyeing cotton at 'One Thread BD Limited' in Jamgora area at Ashulia around 8pm.
The hot water was poured on them accidentally, he added.
Rezaur Rahman, manager of the factory, told The Daily Star that the five suffered burns due to their own carelessness.