Pakistan's Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi yesterday claimed his government had reliable intelligence that India was planning to carry out aggression against Pakistan between April 16 and 20.
Relations between the nuclear-armed neighbours nose-dived after a suicide bombing in Indian-administered Kashmir in February killed 40 Indian security personnel and was later claimed by a Pakistan-based militant group.
Pakistan has denied any role in the attack and Prime Minister Imran Khan offered cooperation in the investigation if credible evidence was provided by India, reported AFP.
Talking to reporters in the southern city of Multan, Qureshi said the ambassadors of the permanent members of the UN Security Council in Islamabad had been informed about "the plan" two days ago.
"We have reliable intelligence that India has made a new scheme and the planning is underway and there are chances of another aggression against Pakistan and according to our information this action can take place between April 16 and 20," he said.
India yesterday rejected the "irresponsible" statement made by Pakistan foreign minister.
Meanwhile, claims and counterclaims continue to fly over India's insistence that it shot down an F-16 during its skirmish with Pakistan following New Delhi's retaliatory strike on Balakot, reported TNN Online.
While the Pentagon said on Friday it was “not aware” of any audit of Pakistan's F-16 jets that a US journal said showed no missing aircraft, Pakistan released pictures of what it claimed are four missile seeker heads purportedly from India's downed MiG 21.