3 die 'taking toxic liquor' in Jashore, 2 hospitalised
Three people died after reportedly drinking toxic liquor in Jashore last night. Two others were also hospitalised.
The deceased were identified as Zakir Hossain, 28, Islam Mia, 42, and Abul Kashem, 58, reports our Benapole correspondent quoting Sub-Inspector Mohiuddin of Jashore Kotwali Police Station.
According to Jashore General Hospital and police sources, five individuals reportedly consumed toxic alcohol on Thursday night in a litchi garden at Abad Kachua village of Sadar upazila. Later that night, they got sick. They were all admitted to Jashore General Hospital the next day as their health deteriorated.
Three of them died yesterday at different times while undergoing treatment, according to hospital's emergency department doctor Abdur Rashid.
According to locals, Bablu and Ripon, who had also been admitted to the hospital for the same reason, left the hospital yesterday after the incident spread throughout the facility. They are now receiving treatment elsewhere.
Jashore Kotwali Police Station Officer-in-Charge, Tajul Islam, said police have received reports of deaths and illness due to drinking. But no complaint was made by the hospital authorities or anyone else.