10 shops, 9 houses gutted in Ctg
Ten shops and 9 thatched houses were gutted in a fire at Cheragi Pahar intersection in Chittagong yesterday.
Sources said the fire broke out at a shop of the area at around 4.00pm and spread fast engulfing adjoining shops and houses. The fire was originated from an electric short circuit.
Eleven fire fighting units from different stations rushed to the spot and doused the fire after a one-hour effort.
Station Officer of Nandan Kanon Fire Station Mohammad Majid said the damages in fire could go up to Tk 13 lakh.