One billion dollar loan
We would request out Ministry of Finance, our economists and financial experts to kindly enlighten us on the following matters relating to one billion dollar Indian loan to Bangladesh:
1. What would be the approximate/probable amount of financial income/profit/benefit (In US dollar and Bangladesh taka) of Bangladesh and India respectively after receipt and expenditure by Bangladesh one billion dollar loan from India?
2. Would Bangladesh receive one billion dollar loan from Indian Exim Bank at a time or in several instalments? When will the payment of the loan be made in full?
3. What are the terms and conditions of the loan? Why was the loan agreement signed all of a sudden?
4. Why was the loan agreement signed between our government (Economic Relations Division) and Indian Exim Bank? Why not between Indian government (Economic Relations Division) and Bangladesh Exim Bank, Agrani or Janata Bank?
5. What are the obligations and duties of the Indian government for transaction and execution of one billion dollar loan to Bangladesh?
6. Out Finance Minister A.M.A Muhith says Bangladesh government will utilise the loan mainly for rail and road communication projects which will be approved by Bangladesh government whereas the Indian Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee says the two countries will identify the projects. Which statement is correct?
7. Will the one billion dollar Indian loan be placed before our parliament as per Article 84, 86, 87, 90 and 145/A of our constitution?
8. What is the total amount of foreign loans (In US dollar and Bangladesh taka) outstanding against Bangladesh as of 8 August, 2010? After how many years and in which year Bangladesh would be able to pay all the foreign loans ?