Apollo Hospital saved life of a child
Injuries to children caused by batteries have been documented in the medical literature for decades. An infant was playing with his toys at home and he swallowed a coin-shaped battery from his toy while playing. The parents noticed it and rushed the child to a local hospital immediately.
Finally they went to Apollo Hospitals Dhaka and met Gastroenterologist Dr. Hafeeza Aftab. After a discussion with parents, they decided to undergo surgical intervention.
Dr. Hafeeza immediately began the procedure to retrieve the battery with a team of specialists. It was retrieved from the stomach of the baby successfully without any complications.