Day labourer electrocuted
A day labourer was electrocuted at Dalgacha village in Nandigram upazila yesterday. The deceased was Solaiman Ali, 45, of Nageshwaritola in Kurigram. Police and locals said Solaiman came to the house of Motiur Rahman of the area to plant paddy seedlings. In the morning, he was trying to keep his wet clothes on the roof and came in contact with a live electric wire. Hearing screams, two other labourers came to save him and got electrocuted. Later, Solaiman died on the way to a hospital.