Blast from gas leak burns 3 in Savar
A blast leading from gas pipe leak burned three persons of a family at Ashulia, Dhaka, early this morning.
Injured Alamgir, 40, his wife Afroza Khatun, 30, and their son Alamin, 12, are undergoing treatment at Enam Medical Collge Hospital in Savar, our Savar correspondent reports.
The blast ripped apart their rented house in Bhadail area around 5:00am, and led to a wall collapse of the building soon afterwards, said Abdul Hamid, an officer of Savar EPZ Fire Station.
Leaked gas accumulated in the house overnight and it burned all at once when Afroza lit up the stove in her kitchen this morning. The fire from the blast engulfed the entire flat, he said.