27th Bcs Examinations

1pc result may be incorrect

Says PSC chairman


Bangladesh Public Service Commission (BPSC) Chairman Saadat Hussain speaks at a press conference at the PSC hall room in the city yesterday.Photo: STAR

Only one percent of the results of the controversial 27th BCS Examinations published afresh may not be correct due to complications of the quota system, claimed Public Service Commission (PSC) Chairman Dr Saadat Hussain yesterday.
“We took again the viva voce of the 27th BCS examinations following the request of the government. The 99 percent of the results published afresh was accurate while only one percent may be incorrect due to complications of the existing quota system,” said the PSC chairman at a press conference at the commission auditorium in the capital.
He laid emphasis on the simplification of the quota system with a view to making the results cent percent accurate.
He also claimed that more candidates from the freedom fighters' quota got chance in the second-phase result.
“After the publication of the second-phase result, some candidates alleged that candidates from freedom fighters' families had been excluded, but these allegations were totally baseless,” said the PSC chairman.
“In the first-phase result only 307 candidates from freedom fighters' families passed and of them only 230 candidates were recommended for recruitment in different civil services, while a total of 526 candidates from freedom fighters' families passed and of them 331 candidates were recommended for recruitment in different services in the second-phase results,” Dr Saadat pointed out.
“We made the viva boards with former secretary, ex-ambassadors, editors of different dailies and academics of different universities so that no question could be raised against the boards,” he added.
Meanwhile, some 27th BCS examinees whose names were in the list of successful candidates as per first result, but failed to come out successfully as per afresh result will form human chain at Aparajeyo Bangla of Dhaka University today at 11.00am and hold a press conference at the National Press Club on October 11 raising questions to the legality of the second-phase result.
These candidates have been holding protest programmes like press conference, memorandums to the chief adviser and hunger strike since the PSC published the result on September 23.

Comments

প্রধান উপদেষ্টার ঘোষিত সময়েই নির্বাচন হবে: প্রেস সচিব

আপনারা জানেন, সেপ্টেম্বরের শেষ সপ্তাহে দুর্গাপূজা। দুর্গাপূজা ঘিরে দেশে যেন কোনো ধরনের ষড়যন্ত্র, কেউ যেন অস্থিতিশীল পরিস্থিতি সৃষ্টি করতে না পারে, সে বিষয়ে সকল রাজনৈতিক দলকে সজাগ থাকার এবং সকলের...

২ ঘণ্টা আগে