Attacker Nibras' family apologises to all | The Daily Star
03:03 PM, July 06, 2016 / LAST MODIFIED: 11:49 PM, July 13, 2016

Attacker Nibras' family apologises to all

Parents of Nibras Islam, one of the attackers of Gulshan terrorist attack, apologised to the nation, all the people in the world and the bereaved family members who lost their near and dear ones in Bangladesh's worst ever attack at a restaurant in Dhaka's diplomatic zone last Friday.

They also demanded stern action against those who pushed their children towards the danger.

"We're ashamed of knowing of our son’s involvement in Gulshan's Holey Artisan restaurant terror attack. We apologise to the entire nation, the people of the country and the international community," said Nibras' father, M Nazrul Islam in a written statement obtained by UNB.

They said that they believe law enforcement agencies will arrest and give exemplary punishment to those who pushed young people like Nibras towards such danger.

"Our son was very honest, humble and quiet in nature. You'll get the similar answer if you talk to his any friend in Uttara," Islam wrote in the statement.

He said Nibras got admitted to Monash University in Malaysia from North South University for higher education.

Nibras came back home in October last year and went missing on February 3 this year. Following his disappearance, a general diary (GD) was filed, and the detectives were informed about the matter.

"We tried our best in the last five months to get back our son and appealed through his Facebook to come back. But all efforts went in vain," Nazrul Islam mentioned in the statement.

He said they came to know on July 2 that their son was killed for being involved in Gulshan attack. "Those who lost their relatives in the attack, we apologise to them as parents of Nibras."

Nazrul Islam questioned who provided arms, ammunition and grenade to their son. "We seek punishment of those persons and groups".

He went on saying, "We seek apology. Forgive us."

Earlier, Imtiaz Khan Babul also apologised to the nation for his son's involvement in Dhaka café attack. "It's a shame for me. I was surprised to see my son among the attackers," Babul, father of Rohan Imtiaz, told reporters.

His son went missing on December 30 and he filed a general dairy with Mohammadpur police station on January 4 (GD No 289).

Babul said like his son many children from established family went missing and urged the police administration to find out the missing children to avoid any such future attack.

"Once I was involved in the profession of teaching. My students today run the country but I failed to have my son on the right path. I'm a failed father," Babul said.

He also said, "It needs to find out who provided arms to my son, who provided funds, who trained him and where he was trained."

Babul requested all fathers to give more attention to their children so that no one can change their lives negatively.

On July 1, gunmen stormed the cafe and took guests and employees hostage. Twenty bodies, including nine of Italians and seven Japanese nationals, were recovered from the crime spot the following day.

The crisis ended following an army-led joint forces' operation - 'Operation Thunderbolt'. Two policemen and six militants were also killed.

Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star Android & iOS News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Grameenphone:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 22222

Robi:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222


Banglalink:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Top News

Top