The government has appointed Javed Patwari as the Inspector General of Police (IGP).
The former additional inspector general was appointed as the IGP according to a Ministry of Home Affairs gazette notification issued today.
His appointment comes at the end of term of outgoing IGP AKM Shahidul Hoque.
New IGP Javed Patwari will assume office from January 31.
- Born in Chandpur on April 15, 1961
- Joined police service after coming out top of merit list in sixth BCS, 1984
- Formerly, Additional Inspector General and chief of Special Branch
- UN peacekeeping missions performed in Sundan, Cosovo, Sierra Leone, and Croatia
- Awarded highest honour, Bangladesh Police Medal in 2010 and 2011
- Performed duties as Additional IG to Bangladesh Police Academy, SB, Additional Inspector General to CID, Additional Inspector General to Police Headquarters, Police Commissioner to Rajshahi, Police Commissioner to Khulna, Deputy Inspector General to CID, Station Police Superintendent to Dhaka city Special Branch, Additional Deputy Commissioner to DMP, Staff Officer to IGP, Additional Superintendent of Sylhet, Police Liaison Officer to the President.