2 wild elephants electrocuted in Ctg
Two wild elephants were electrocuted as they encountered live electric wire in Lohagora upazila of Chittagong early Saturday.
Locals set up electric fences around their paddy field and the two elephants—a mother and her calf – accidentally came in contact with wire.
A police complaint was lodged with Lohagora Police Station in this connection this evening, our Chittagong staff correspondent reports.
Lohagara Police Station Officer-in-Charge Mohammed Shahjahan told The Daily Star: “The line was set up to hunt wild pig. We were investigating the matter. Legal action will be taken in this regard.”