2 garment workers die of food poisoning
Two garments workers died and condition of two others were critical after having “halwa” containing toxic ingredients last night.
Jillur Rahman, 24, and Motaleb Hossain, 25, were residents of Bhadail area in Ashulia of Savar, doctors of Enam Medical College Hospital in Savar said.
Two other garment workers – Farid, 49, and Shamim, 25, -- are now admitted to the Coronary Care Unit (CCU) of the hospital in critical condition, our Savar correspondent reports quoting Dr Gaotam, emergency medical officer of the hospital, this morning.
All the four men used to work at a local readymade garment factory, the doctor said quoting their relatives.
Jillur died on the way around 10:00pm and Motaleb breathed his last 1:30am, he added.
They ate the “halwa” prepared by one of their relatives, the doctor said adding that three of them got married recently.
A team of police has been sent to the locality, Abdul Awal, officer-in-charge (OC) of Ashulia Police Station said.