Court defers recording witness statement to March 7 | The Daily Star
02:11 AM, February 08, 2019 / LAST MODIFIED: 02:11 AM, February 08, 2019

KIBRIA MURDER CASE

Court defers recording witness statement to March 7

A Sylhet court yesterday again deferred till March 7 the recording of witness testimony in the former finance minister SAMS Kibria murder case.

Judge Md Rezaul Karim of Speedy Trial Tribunal deferred the recording as one of the accused Sheikh Abdus Salam could not appear before the court, said Kishore Kumar Kar, public prosecutor of the tribunal.

The trial of the murder case began in September 2015. So far, testimonies of 43 witnesses have been recorded, the public prosecutor said.

Former finance minister and Awami League leader Shah AMS Kibria and four others were killed in a grisly attack on January 27, 2005 in Baidderbazar area of Habiganj.

Awami League leader Abdul Mazid Khan filed two cases with Habiganj Police Station the following day. 

 

Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star Android & iOS News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Grameenphone:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 22222

Robi:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222


Banglalink:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Top News

Top