Which teams stand in way of Argentina's third World Cup title?
Argentina are bidding to win a third World Cup title at the Nov. 20-Dec. 18 tournament in Qatar. Here is what you need to know about their route to the final:
HOW CAN ARGENTINA QUALIFY FOR THE ROUND OF 16?
* The top two in each World Cup group advance to the last 16. The knockout rounds will begin on Dec. 3 and will feature one-off matches, which can go to extra time and penalties to decide the winners.
* Argentina, who are second in Group C on three points, can guarantee progress with a win over Poland, top on four, in their final game on Wednesday.
* A draw for the Albiceleste could still see them advance, but only if the game between Saudi Arabia and Mexico ends in a draw.
* If Argentina and Poland match ends in a draw and Saudi and Mexico game also ends in a stalemate, the two-time World Champions will have to be satisfied with a second-place finish in Group C.
* A defeat against Poland will end Lionel Messi and Argentina's run in Qatar.
*If Lionel Scaloni's men do end up sharing the spoils with Poland, and Saudi Arabia beat Mexico, then Lionel Messi's elusive World Cup dream would see an end from the group-stage.
*On the other hand, if Mexico win and Argentina draw then the equation would come down to goal difference.
*Robert Lewandowski-led Poland has a simpler qualification scenario as the Polish would just need to avoid defeat to cement a place in the next round. But a loss against Argentina would see Poland eliminated if the loss is doubled with a Saudi Arabia victory over Mexico.
*If Poland's loss is coupled with a Saudi Arabia draw then goal difference would be taken into account to decide who goes through, a case which will also be used if Mexico win and Poland lose.
*Meanwhile, Mexico need nothing but a very wide margin of victory to take them through.
WHO ARE ARGENTINA'S POTENTIAL OPPONENTS IN THE ROUND OF 16?
* If Argentina qualify for the round of 16, they will be pitted against a team from Group D, meaning they could face France, Tunisia, Denmark or Australia.
* If Argentina win Group C, their round of 16 tie will be against the runners-up in Group D.
* If Argentina finish runners-up in Group C, their round of 16 tie will be against the winners of Group D, potentially 2018 champions France.
WHO ARE ARGENTINA'S POTENTIAL QUARTERFINAL OPPONENTS?
* If Argentina win Group C, they could face the Netherlands in the quarterfinals, provided the 2010 finalists, who went into the last 16 as Group A champions, beat the USA, the runners-up from Group B.
* If Argentina finish as Group C runners-up, they could potentially face England in the quarterfinals, if Gareth Southgate's team, who won Group B, beat Senegal, the runners-up from Group A.
WHO ARE ARGENTINA'S POTENTIAL OPPONENTS IN THE SEMIFINALS?
* If Argentina were to make it to the semifinals as Group C winners, they could face Spain or South American rivals Brazil.
* If Argentina reach the semifinals as Group C runners-up, they could face the potential winners of Groups F and H - either Croatia, Belgium from Group F or 2016 European champions Portugal from Group H.
WHO COULD ARGENTINA FACE IN THE FINAL?
* If Argentina go all the way to the final as Group C winners, they could potentially find themselves taking on either England or France.
* If Argentina are able to make it to the final as Group C runners-up, they could meet the Netherlands, Brazil or Spain.