Nowadays you're mostly busy working in films. “Blackmail” was released a few months back and now “Bhalobasha'r Golpo”.
- I won't say “mostly busy”, but yes I have been working in films more regularly. I dream of doing something good for the industry and although I was not here for the release of “Blackmail”, I am actively participating in promoting “Bhalobashar Golpo”. It is a wonderful film by Ononno Mamun, and I hope the audience will find the type of story they look for in this film.
The lead actress in the film, Afrin, is a new face in the scene. Will the audience warm up to her?
- “Bhalobashar Golpo” is my seventh film and Afrin's first. I have to say I was a bit worried about it, but the director took his time and built up the new comer. She gave it her best effort and I believe the audience will like her performance.
You work in both TV dramas and films; does it give rise to any issues?
- I've worked in TV for 13 years before entering the film industry, and my recognition among the fans came from television. I do tend to give more time to films nowadays compared to TV dramas, but it creates no problems. I have gradually created an impression among the fans through my films but I am not satisfied yet as I want to star in good films more frequently. I wish to continue working in both sectors.
How has the audience received “Bhalobashar Golpo” so far?
- I was astounded by the audience's reaction. They let me know of their reactions when I went and watched the initial screening with them. It has all the elements of a good film with a message for lovers and some action as well. The music from the movie are also hits with the audience. The love from the audience inspires me to carry on.
You played “Moti” in 'Onek Shadher Moina' and now “Masum” in 'Bhalobashar Golpo”. Both characters are based on the usual rural resident. Is that a personal preference?
- No, not really. Both the characters are very different in the sense that Moti was a lively and feisty sort of person whereas Masum is a free spirited and simple-minded person. I find no similarity between the characters, as I always try to be careful in picking the characters in the movies.
What movies and TV dramas do you have coming up?
- Iftekhar Chowdhury's “Oneway”, Saif Chandan's “Target”, Habibur Rahman Habib's “Rani'r Jatra” and, “Adi” and “Naior” by Tanim Rahman Angshu. Three series dramas are already playing and I am working on a few single TV dramas as well.
Interviewed by Zahid Akbar &
Narrated by Showbiz Desk