How to get the PlayStation 5 before anyone else
By the time I woke up this morning, around 30 to 40 people on my Facebook friend list seemed to have bought the new PlayStation 5, or at least that's what their Instagram stories suggested.
This was not supposed to happen. Because firstly, I know my friends. And most importantly, the PS5 release date is November 12, 2020.
What's happening is that a new AR filter on Instagram has gone viral over the last few hours where users get to project a 3D visual of the upcoming PS5 on their stories and pictures. This PS5 filter allows users to display a realistic image of the new Sony console, fooling viewers (like yours truly) into believing that they are indeed proud owners of the 500 dollar console.
The filter is resizeable, and can be adjusted to fit any necessary setting and description. While the way the filter appears may vary from device to device, it still manages to land a convincing look, and can fool almost anyone.
Want to try it out? Here's what to do:
1. Open Instagram and tap the button at the top to create a story
2. Scroll right through all the filter suggestions to the picture of a magnifying glass to "Browse"
3. Press the button and type in "PS5 box" on the search bar at the top
4. Find the filter by aroneverything
5. Select the filter and press "Try it"
6. Now point your camera, choose your landing point and tap on the screen to bring up the (fake) PS5.
7. Resize, adjust, take the photo and put it up on your story!
If you're too lazy to do all that, click on this link from your phone and it'll take you to your brand new PS5.