100 more RMG workers fall sick in Savar
Around 100 more workers of Pearl Garment at Ashulia in Savar fell sick yesterday after drinking contaminated water supplied by the factory authorities.
The latest incident took place after around 300 workers of the same factory became sick of food poisoning on Thursday.
Sources said panic gripped over 1,300 workers of the factory following the incident. Factory authorities asked its workers not to drink water from the factory until they serve notice regarding the matter, Desh TV reports.
Sources said local hospital and clinic could hardly cope with the patients as the workers were rushed there for treatment.