Training ground in Pakistan
Pakistani news channel Geo TV has uncovered the training grounds of the terrorists who attacked Mumbai in November 2008.
The channel claims to have found out the training ground and the house that Mumbai attacker Mohammad Ajmal Amir Kasab and his partners used for training.
The area where the terrorists trained is situated about 100 kilometres from the India-Pakistan border.
Geo TV traced the isolated building in Dori which could have been the training ground for the 26/11 attackers. The door is bolted at present, but inside there are unmistakable traces of people living.
Blankets and mattresses lie scattered while Islamic literature is stacked in order and in one corner a shelf full of medicines is stored.
The newspapers lying on the floor on the floor with reports of the Mumbai carnage indicate the building was in use even during and after the attack.
The caretaker of the house says he was ordered by the suspected terrorists to stay away from the house.
"I had been given some numbers. I did not speak to them," says the caretaker Mumtaz.
Residents of the area say seven terrorists stayed in the house and travelled in a motor launch.
Located just 40 kilometres away from Karachi, from where the terrorists sailed for Mumbai, Dori was a perfect launch pad for the 26/11 attackers.
Meanwhile, an anti-terrorist court (ATC) in Pakistan has sent eight accused including Lashkar-e-Toiba founder Zaki-ur Rehman Lakhvi, the alleged mastermind of the Mumbai terror attacks, on a 14-day remand to the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA).
Dawn News has reported that the eight accused, against whom a First Information report (FIR) was registered by the FIA on Thursday, were produced before the ATC Judge Sakhiu Muhammad Kahut at some undisclosed location.
They have reportedly been charged with planning, financing and abetting the Mumbai terror attacks.
Earlier, government sources had told Dawn News that the trial of the eight accused would be held at the Adiala Jail in Rawalpindi because of security reasons.
Officials say the FIA has also requested the government to provide two bullet-proof vehicles for transporting the high-profile suspected terrorists.