<i>Sound sleep during pregnancy</i>
Getting plenty of sleep is important during pregnancy, but those inevitable physical changes while you are pregnant can make sleep uncomfortable. Following suggestions may help pregnant women get a better night's sleep.
* Once you reach the third trimester, sleep on your left side. Avoid lying flat on your back for long periods.
* Drink lots of fluids during the day, but limit fluids before bedtime.
* Snack during the day on bland foods, and avoid any foods that trigger heartburn.
* Use extra regular pillows, especially if you have heartburn.
* Take naps during the day, and practice relaxation techniques for better sleep.
* Talk to your doctor if you have insomnia.