7 reasons why The Office is better than Friends
It's a debate that has plagued humanity for far too long: which is the better TV show, The Office or Friends? While some may argue that Friends has the nostalgia factor and a larger fanbase, the truth is that The Office is simply the superior show. And we're not just saying that because we're too lazy to think of an original topic. Here's why:
- The Office has a much more relatable and realistic portrayal of the workplace. Friends may have had a coffee shop and Central Perk, but let's be real: most of us don't work in a cool hangout spot with a bunch of attractive friends. The Office, on the other hand, perfectly captures the mundanity and absurdity of working in an office, from the cringe-worthy meetings to the eccentric co-workers. Not to mention, the show accurately depicts the pain of having to interact with a person like Toby Flenderson on a daily basis.
- The Office has a much more dynamic and diverse cast of characters. Friends may have had six main characters, but let's be honest: most of them were pretty one-dimensional. The Office, on the other hand, has a wide range of characters, each with their own unique quirks and personalities. From the lovable Jim to the insufferable Toby, The Office's characters feel like real people. Except for Creed, who is clearly an alien sent to study human behaviour.
- The Office has a much more consistent and well-written storyline. Friends may have had its moments, but let's face it: the show relied heavily on the "will they, won't they" trope and often felt like it was just going through the motions. The Office, on the other hand, had a clear and compelling story arc that kept audiences engaged throughout the entire series. Plus, the show's ability to make a mockumentary style of filming interesting is a testament to its brilliance.
- The Office has better memes. Let's be real, who doesn't love a good "That's what she said," "I DECLARE BANKRUPCYYYY" or "Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica"? Friends may have had a few good memes, but The Office takes the cake in this category.
- The Office has a better soundtrack. Friends had a few catchy songs, but The Office's use of "The Scrantones" and other various artists really set the tone for the show and elevated it to a new level.
- The Office has better one-liners. From "I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious" to "I'm an early bird and a night owl. So, I'm wise and I have worms", The Office's one-liners are sure to make you laugh and leave a lasting impression.
- The Office has a better ending. Friends may have had a satisfying finale, but The Office's ending was both emotional and fitting for the characters and the show as a whole. Plus, who can forget the iconic "Goodbye, Toby" moment?
While Friends may have had its moments, it's clear that The Office is the superior show. With its relatable and realistic portrayal of the workplace, dynamic and diverse cast of characters and consistent and well-written storyline, The Office is truly a masterpiece of television. So, the next time someone tries to argue that Friends is better, just remind them that the show gave us "That's what she said" and "Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica". That should shut them up."