Tips for a safe pregnancy
There's a common saying that pregnancy is supposed to be the best time in a woman's life. But many women who have been pregnant might not agree with that, although the end result is almost always sweet, with a tiny bundle of joy taking up space that overcomes all the troubles of the previous 9 months.
More often, there are a host of precautions that pregnant women have to take, and a lot of lifestyle decisions to make, anew!
So here we identify the dos and don'ts for a safer and healthier pregnancy.
- Tobacco, smoking, vaping, and e-cigarettes must all be avoided, as well as passive smoking.
- Avoid drinking alcohol, while trying to conceive or after pregnancy, for the entirety of conception and gestational period, for the baby's health. This cannot be stressed enough.
- Consume a well-balanced diet with all the greens and yellows.
- Boil your food before eating. Fresh salad needs to be washed and cleaned before consumption.
- Be active, actually make an effort to move around every day.
- Blood pressure and diabetes must be checked and maintained.
- Lose weight before conceiving, so that overall weight after pregnancy does not affect your health.
- If you are underweight on the other hand, try to gain weight to reach an optimum level.
- Reduce stress, listen to soothing music, watch feel-good movies and practice free hand gentle exercises.
- Lead a life free of violence, make friends, and smile often.