N'ganj gas explosion victim dies at DMCH | The Daily Star
11:47 AM, March 15, 2020 / LAST MODIFIED: 12:58 PM, March 15, 2020

N'ganj gas explosion victim dies at DMCH

A man who had suffered burn injuries in an explosion "caused by a gas line leak" at a house in Narayanganj yesterday, died at Dhaka Medical College Hospital this morning.

Ashraful Islam (40) breathed his last at the burn unit of the hospital around 8:00am, said Inspector Bachchu Miah, in-charge of DMCH police camp.

He had suffered 75 percent burn injuries, the police official told The Daily Star.  

Ashraful and his wife Rozina Begum (35) were burned in an explosion "caused by a gas line leak" at a house in Sonargaon upazila of Narayanganj.

Ashraful, a security guard at a carton factory, and Rozina, a worker at a readymade garment factory, had been living in the rented house on the ground floor of the building in Kanchpur.

The explosion took place around 7:00am while Rozina was cooking in the kitchen and Ashraful was sleeping.

Ashraful and Rozina were admitted at the burn and plastic surgery unit of DMCH with 75 percent and 63 percent burn injuries respectively.

Police suspects that the blast was due to a gas line leak in the kitchen.

 

Related Topics

Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star Android & iOS News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Grameenphone:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 22222

Robi:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222


Banglalink:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Top News

Top