Regional police heads join hands to fight terror
Police heads of South Asia and neighbouring countries today vowed to work together and exchange information in curbing terrorism and transnational crime.
The declaration came after the end of Chiefs of Police Conference of South Asia and Neighbouring Countries, organised by Interpol and Bangladesh police, today.
Some of the declarations:
- Work together to identify recent trend of crimes that pose immense threats
- Develop a common strategy to combat transnational crime and violent extremism
- Establish one-to-one communication through NCB of Interpol member states
- Promote exchange of information to curb terrorism and transnational crime
- Develop and strengthen partnerships among law enforcement agencies of the countries/organisations
- Establish IT network with the countries to share information to curb violent extremism