AC bus catches fire in Manikganj
An air-conditioned bus caught fire on Dhaka-Aricha highway in Saturia upazila of Manikganj yesterday.
The fire originated in a bus of K-Line Paribahan due to a technical glitch, said Khandaker Jannatul Nayeem, officer of Manikganj Fire Service Station.
It took an hour of frantic efforts by the fire fighters to bring the blaze under control, the official said.
Vehicular movement on the highway was halted for almost an hour, said police.
The bus was on its way to Dhaka from Satkhira carrying around 10-15 passengers when the fire broke out from a malfunctioning wire at around 6am, said helper of the bus driver.
All passengers were evacuated safely before the fire could spread.