Madrasa student electrocuted at Suhrawardy Udyan
A madrasa student died from electrocution during a rally of ulamas at the capital's Suhrawardy Udyan yesterday.
Saiful Islam, 22, hailing from Brahmanbaria, was declared dead at Dhaka Medical College Hospital, said Bachchu Mia, in-charge of DMCH Police Outpost.
He came in contact with an electric pole at the venue, said Abdul Jalil, a fellow student. The pole had somehow got electrified, police suspect.
Ulamas of Qawmi madrasas organised the programme to thank the prime minister over recognition of the top Qawmi degree equivalent to master's.