Elderly woman dies in fire in Jessore
An elderly woman was burnt to death yesterday as a fire broke out in her kitchen at Jhikargachha upazila in Jessore.
The deceased is Sukhjan Bibi, 70, widow of late Tofazzel Hossain of Sreerampur village in Jhikargachha upazila.
Victim's nephew Mizan said the fire caught the sari of Sukhjan Bibi from a lamp accidentally, while she was cooking in the early morning leaving her seriously burnt.
Locals rushed her to Jessore General Hospital, where a few hours later she succumbed to her wounds around 10:00am, said Kotwali police.