August 29, 1971
- Freedom fighters, led by Captain Ayenuddin of D Company under Fourth Bengal Regiment, ambush on a waterway behind Pakistan camp near T Ali’s house in the western area of Kosba. When the Pakistan troops came under the target of freedom fighters, the latter attacked them, triggering a fierce gunfight with Pakistan raiders. At least 30 Pakistan raiders are killed while a freedom fighter martyred.
- Captain Mahfuz and his associate freedom fighters attack on the position of Pakistan soldiers at Amlika near Upendralal Chakma BOP. A company of Guard-4 of Indian army led by Lt Col Himmat Sihngh supports the freedom fighters with mortars and MG. At least 25 Pakistan soldiers are killed while a freedom fighter martyred and two others wounded. Remaining Pakistan soldiers manage to flee and head to Shuvapur. Freedom fighters free the area on this day.
- A six member guerilla team destroys Sayedabad bridge in Dhaka suspending the road communication of Pakistan solders on the route.
- Freedom fighters attack the Mallikbari camp of Pakistan militia and kill four of them and wound three others.
- Pakistani soldiers take preparation to hold a meeting of peace committee at their camp in Butchi village of Laksam Police Station. On information, freedom fighters attack the camp suspending the meeting. Five Pakistan soldiers, nine policemen, and 20 Razakars wounded in the attack.