Twenty dead in DR Congo bus accident | The Daily Star
12:00 AM, October 21, 2019 / LAST MODIFIED: 12:41 AM, October 21, 2019

news in brief

Twenty dead in DR Congo bus accident

Twenty people were killed early yesterday when a packed bus came off the road on a highway west of the DR Congo capital Kinshasa and burst into flames, a local official said. “The provisional toll is 20 dead,” Didier Nsimba, deputy administrator of Mbanza-Ngungu territory told AFP. An injured passenger who gave her name as Nacha said more than 100 people had been in the vehicle at the time, and many bodies were burned beyond recognition. The bus, laden with people and goods, was travelling from from Lufu to Kinshasa.

 

Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star Android & iOS News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Grameenphone:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 22222

Robi:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222


Banglalink:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Top News

Top