While the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) still awaits a response from the Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) about their upcoming potential three-Test series, the BCB CEO Nizamuddin Chowdhury today mentioned that they intend to start domestic cricket soon regardless of what the SLC may propose about the tour in the coming days.
"We are waiting for a response from SLC and hope that we will get it soon. But till now our plan is to go forward with both [the Sri Lanka tour and to resume domestic cricket]. We intend to resume domestic cricket even if we play this series," said Nizamuddin when asked about the update of the Tigers' upcoming Sri Lanka tour.
Bangladesh were originally scheduled to leave for the Island nation on September 27 for their three-Test series starting next month. Nizamuddin however did not mention any changes in plan yet but said that the board, if required, would make adjustments after receiving a response from SLC.
"We will make any adjustments if required. We even talked about this [with SLC]. As soon as the SLC gives us feedback, we can work on it and make any adjustments in the plan if needed."
It was however learned that the BCB is looking to organise a domestic tournament comprising four teams -- the National team, Under-19 squad, High Performance (HP) squad and Bangladesh A team.
The BCB had earlier refused to tour Sri Lanka under what the BCB president Nazmul Hassan termed as "historically unique" protocol and had communicated their stance on the matter with the SLC.