The BCB Board of Directors held their ninth meeting of their current term today. And the BCB issued a press release mentioning the major outcomes from the meeting which includes the decision of the board including former Bangladesh left-arm spinner Abdur Razzak in the National Selection Panel.
All the major outcomes from the meeting, as mentioned in the press release, is given as follows:
- The Board endorsed a condolence motion for former BCB Vice President Raisuddin Ahmed and personalities related to cricket who have passed way in recent times. The Board paid respect to the deceased and recalled their contribution to Bangladesh cricket.
- Discussion was held in regards to the selection process for an internationally-reputed consultant for the Sheikh Hasina Cricket Stadium. The Board provided guidelines for selection of the consultant as well as the appointment of a 'project management company' for efficient operation of the project.
- The Board has given consent to purchasing of land adjacent to Dhaka city for development of playing grounds and cricket related infrastructure. A committee will be formed to expedite the process for purchasing the land.
- The Board has agreed in principle to bring local cricketers under a COVID-19 vaccination programme by February 2021 in an effort to re-start domestic cricket.
- The existing contract for the centrally contracted players and First Class players will continue until further decision.
- The Board has approved the inclusion of former Bangladesh left-arm spinner Abdur Razzak in the National Selection Panel.