Shark Tank India S2: What to Expect
Shark Tank India, the business reality show that gained success with its first season, is returning for season two, and the promo was unveiled last Tuesday. The channel has not yet revealed the premiere date for Shark Tank India season two, but according to sources, it could air this year in late November or early December.
For the inaugural season of Shark Tank India, 62,000 applications were received. Out of 198 companies, 67 persuaded the sharks to fund their projects, concepts, or ideas.
Even though the show's concept was novel, many questioned its viability. However, the audience response was great, and Season 2 is already in the works. It quickly climbed to become one of Sony Entertainment Television's most popular programmes. The second season of this show is expected to be considerably bigger and better.
Season two will include the return of five of the seven judges from the first season's panel.
● Aman Gupta is the Co-Founder and Chief Marketing Officer of boAt, a prominent wearable and audio firm.
● Emcure Pharmaceuticals' Executive Director, Namita Thapar. The company makes and sells biopharmaceutical goods all over the world.
● Anupam Mittal is the Founder and CEO of Shaadi.com, a global company.
● Vineeta Singh is the Co-Founder and CEO of SUGAR Cosmetics, which was launched in 2015 and had its headquarters in Mumbai.
● Peyush Bansal is the Founder and CEO of Lenskart.com, which was launched more than a decade ago and now has over 900 outlets across India.
● Amit Jain, the CEO and Co-Founder of CarDekho Group and InsuranceDekho.com, will be the sixth and new judge on Shark Tank India Season 2.
With the exception of Ashneer Grover (co-founder of finance platform BharatPe) and Ghazal Alagh (co-founder of Mamaearth).
Grover's blunt responses will be missed, while Alagh's absence may be a deal breaker for her supporters, who adored her.
Many questioned its success because it was modelled after Shark Tank, an ABC reality show. However, all sceptics were proven wrong as the show gained a large TRP for Sony Entertainment Television.