At least five people were killed after a devastating fire broke out inside a residential building in Himachal Pradesh’s Mandi district today.
Indian news portal Hindustan Times reports quoting Asian News International (ANI) that a liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) cylinder blast is suspected to the reason for the fire, said Rajiv Kumar, additional district magistrate of Mandi.
“Five persons lost their lives in the fire that broke out at a residential building at Ner Chowk in Mandi. LPG Cylinder blast seems to be the reason behind the fire,” Kumar added.
Moreover, several other people are feared to be trapped inside the building, the news portal reports adding that three fire tenders are present at the spot and rescue operations are underway.
A magisterial probe formation has also been ordered into the incident.