BAN v AFG TRIVIA
As Bangladesh are set to take on Afghanistan in their opening game of the Asia Cup today, let's take a look at some interesting facts ahead of the contest:
1. Shakib Al Hasan is set to play his 100th T20I today and by doing so, the Bangladesh skipper will become the 15th player in the history of the format. From Bangladesh, only Mushfiqur Rahim (100) and Mahmudullah Riyad (119) have crossed the century-landmark.
2. Bangladesh made their debut in Asia Cup in the 1986 edition while Afghanistan did the same in 2014.
3. In the 2016 Asia Cup -- the last and only time the continental tournament featured the T20 format -- runners-up Bangladesh did not meet Afghanistan as the latter could not progress beyond the qualifiers.
3. In T20Is played between the two sides, Mahmudullah Riyad leads the scoring chart from Bangladesh and Mohammad Nabi from Afghanistan. Riyad has scored 169 in seven innings while Nabi tallied 141 in the same number of outings.
4. Nabi also boasts the highest individual score, an unbeaten 54-ball 84 made in Mirpur in 2019. In that game, player-of-the-match Nabi had struck as many as seven sixes to single-handedly take the match in his side's favour. Bangladesh fell short by 25 runs in their chase of 165.
5. On the bowling front, only two bowlers have wickets in the double figures, so far. Rashid Khan tops the chart with 14 scalps, followed by Shakib Al Hasan with 10.
6. Bangladesh's highest score against Afghanistan is 155 for eight, which the Tigers put up earlier in March this year. Meanwhile, Afghanistan's 167 in Dehradun remains the highest from both sides.