A Bangladeshi worker in Singapore is among three new coronavirus cases confirmed yesterday in the country, said the Ministry of Health (MOH), The Straits Times reports.
The Singaporean daily said all three currently have no known links to previous cases or recent travel history to China.
Meanwhile, four have been discharged, making up a total of six who have recovered.
The 39-year-old Bangladeshi worker is a work pass holder. He is being kept in an isolation room at the National Centre for Infectious Diseases.
His symptoms surfaced on February 1, and he went to a GP clinic on February 3, and Changi General Hospital on February 5.
He was admitted to the intensive care unit at Changi General Hospital after a follow-up appointment at Bedok Polyclinic on February 7.
He was confirmed to have the coronavirus on Saturday afternoon, and was then transferred to NCID, reports The Straits Times.
Before being admitted to hospital, he had visited Mustafa Centre in Little India, and stayed at The Leo dormitory in Kaki Bukit.
On Friday, Singapore moved its disease outbreak response up a level to orange as the coronavirus spread further within the country, with more new cases of unknown origin announced.
The total number of people infected in Singapore has grown to 43. Six are now in critical condition and in the intensive care unit, up from four previously, said MOH in its latest update.