10 benefits of carrots
Forget about vitamin A pills. With this orange crunchy power food, you get vitamin A and a host of other powerful health benefits including beautiful skin, cancer prevention, and anti-aging.
1. Improves vision: Carrots are rich in beta-carotene, which is converted into vitamin A in the liver.
2. Helps prevent cancer: Carrots reduce the risk of lung cancer, breast cancer and colon cancer.
3. Slows down aging: The high level of beta-carotene acts as an antioxidant to cell damage done to the body through regular metabolism. It help slows down the aging of cells.
4. Promotes healthier skin (from inside): Vitamin A and antioxidants protects the skin from sun damage deficiencies of which cause dryness to the skin, hair and nails. Vitamin A prevents premature wrinkling, acne, dry skin, pigmentation, blemishes, and uneven skin tone.
5. Promotes healthier skin (from outside): Carrots are used as an inexpensive and very convenient facial mask. Just mix grated carrot with a bit of honey.
6. Helps prevent infection: Carrots are known by herbalists to prevent infection. They can be used on cuts – shredded raw or boiled and mashed.
7. Prevents heart disease: Diets high in carotenoids are associated with a lower risk of heart disease. The regular consumption of carrots also reduces cholesterol levels.
8. Cleanses the body: Vitamin A assists the liver in flushing out the toxins from the body. It reduces the bile and fat. The fibers present in carrots help clean out the colon and hasten waste movement.
9. Protects teeth and gums: Carrots stimulate gums and trigger a lot of saliva, which being alkaline, balances out the acid-forming, cavity-forming bacteria. The minerals in carrots prevent tooth damage.
10. Prevents stroke: People who ate more than six carrots a week are less likely to suffer a stroke than those who ate only one carrot a month or less.