Father, son dead from electrocution in a pond in Bogura
A father and his son died of electrocution in a pond where its owner allegedly had set up an electric trap to protect fishes from thieves in Nandigram upazila of Bogura this morning.
The deceased were identified as Mofazzal Hossain (55), and his son Shariful Islam (26), reports our Bogura correspondent.
Locals alleged that Shaheen Alam, who cultivates fish in the pond, set up an electrical trap every night to keep the fish-thieves away.
However, two children of the village attempted to ride a boat on the bank of the pond this morning and felt mild shocks as the boat was wet.
As Mofazzal went into the pond to investigate the reason, he was electrocuted, said Shawkat Kabir, officer in-charge of Nandigram Police Station.
Hearing his father's screams, Shariful tried to go to his rescue and got electrocuted as well, the OC said, adding that the duo died on the spot.
The owner of the pond and his family fled following the incident. Police are trying to find them, the OC also said.
A case was yet to be filed in this regard.