At least 100 makeshift houses were gutted in a fire at Kutupalong Rohingya camp in Ukhia upazila of Cox's Bazar this morning.
The fire broke out at block-H of Rohingya camp no-1 located at Lombashiaghona around 8:55am, said Mohammad Imdadul Islam, an official of Ukhia Fire Service Station.
On information, four fire-fighting units from Ukhia , Rampu, Teknaf and Cox's Bazar rushed to the spot and brought the blaze under control after two hours of frantic efforts, said Imdadul.
The fire that originated from a gas cylinder gutted nearly 100 makeshift houses in the camp, said the fire service official.
However, the extent of losses from the fire could not be assessed immediately, our Cox's Bazar correspondent reports, quoting the official.