Major (retd) Sinha killing: 4 accused quizzed at jail gate | The Daily Star
09:07 PM, August 08, 2020 / LAST MODIFIED: 09:23 PM, August 08, 2020

Major (retd) Sinha killing: 4 accused quizzed at jail gate

Four of the arrested accused in a case filed over the sensational killing of Major (retd) Sinha Md Rashed Khan are being interrogated at jail gate as per order of a Teknaf court.

Assistant Superintendent of Police Jamil Ul Haque, investigation officer of the case from Rapid Action Battalion (Rab), today began quizzing the four suspended police personnel at Cox's Bazar District Jail gate, reports our local correspondent quoting Jail Super Md Mokammel Haque.

The four arrestees are: Assistant Sub-inspector Liton Mia, and three constables -- Safanur Karim, Kamal Hossain, and Md Abdullah.

"The IO quizzed the four arrestees at the jail gate today from 2:00pm to 5:00pm. The quizzing will continue tomorrow. As per the court's order, each of these four arrestees are to be quizzed for two days at the jail gate," the jail super said.

"Three other accused -- Pradeep Kumar Das, Liaqat Ali and Nandadulal Rakshit -- are yet to be taken for interrogation on remand and are now in the jail," he also said.

Senior Judicial Magistrate of Teknaf upazila Md Helal Uddin on August 6 placed the three on seven-day remand each and ordered the four others to be quizzed at jail gate for two days each.

The seven police personnel, who were suspended on August 6, are among nine accused in a case filed over the killing of the retired army officer.

Earlier on the same day, the seven police personnel surrendered to the court and submitted bail petitions in the case.

Sinha's sister filed the case on August 5 with the court against nine persons.

Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) is investigating the case at present.

Meanwhile, two other accused in the case -- Sub-inspector Tutul and Constable Md Mostafa -- have reportedly absconded after they were withdrawn from Baharchhara Investigation Centre and attached to the district police lines.

Police sources are, however, not saying anything to media in this regard.

Major (retd) Sinha had been making travel documentaries for a YouTube channel called "Just Go". On July 31, he was returning to Cox's Bazar from Teknaf. His car was stopped at a police check point at Shaplapur on Marine Drive road where he was shot dead.

Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star Android & iOS News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 22222

Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222

Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Top News